The next IETF will be in Paris, the one after that will be in Vancouver. I just found this list.
You know you’re from Vancouver (BC) when….
- Your coworker has 8 body piercing and none are visible.
- You make over $250,000 and still can’t afford a house.
- You know what these acronyms mean: PNE, VPL, GVRD, YVR, VAG.
- You’re shocked when it snows in the winter.
- You’ve had a California roll for lunch.
- Know more than 10 ways to order coffee.
- Know how to pronounce Coquihalla.
- A really great parking space can move you to tears.
- Your hairdresser is straight, your plumber is gay, the woman whodelivers your mail is into BDSM, and your next door neighbour growsweed.
- The guy at 8:30 am at Starbucks wearing the baseball cap and sun glasses who looks like George Clooney IS George Clooney.
- Your car insurance costs as much as your house payment.
- The gym is packed at 3 PM… on a work day.
- Can tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese and Thai food.
- You watch the weather from a Seattle TV station because it’s more accurate. (see 17).
- You pass an elementary school and the children are all busy with theircell phones or pagers while waiting for their personal rides home.
- You’re sure you’re the only one on the road with a REAL driver’s license.
- You don’t even listen when the forecast announces "chance of showers."
- The more expensive the car, the worse the driver.
- Can taste the difference between Starbucks, Second Cup, and Tim Horton’s coffees.
- Feel guilty throwing aluminum cans or paper in the trash.
- You’re not suprised to see geese throughout the whole year.
- You can’t remember… is pot still illegal?
- If there’s a day of snowfall, you consider not going to school or work.
- You realize there are far more Rainbow flags in the city than Canadian flags.
- When you take the bus, you can distinguish 4 different languages being spoken in the conversations around you.
- You secretly have a fear of pig farms.
- You go an opera and half the audience is dressed to the nine’s and the other half are in jeans and t-shirts.
- You know how to set up your own Crystal Meth lab because you saw it on the news.
- You go a friend’s house party and Bif Naked shows up because they went to highschool together.
- Can name 10 Starbucks locations in less than a minute
I am excited aboout going to Vancouver… it may just be my place
Share the joy